The MMO, DC Universe, has finally announced its release date 01/11/11. A nice choice of date, I would have to say. This release date is slated for North America on the PC and PS3 (UK Release Date: 1/14/11). If youre planning on grabbing one, the PC version will cost $49.99 while the PS3 is $59.99. Both versions comes with a free 30-day subscription to the MMO. After the trial, it will cost $15 a month – or $199 for a lifetime subscription.
For those wondering about the game, the main gist of it is that its an online universe where players can create their own brand of villains and heroes under the guidance of Batman, the Joker, Superman, etc.
- Visceral combat where you control every blow your character strikes
- Choose your side superhero or villain as you battle to save or conquer the universe.
- Fight alongside or against your favorite DC heroes and villains including Batman, The Joker, Superman, Wonder Woman and others…
- State-of-the-art physics engine and use objects in the world around you as weapons, including even your enemies!
- Create a custom DC-style hero or villain, each with a unique look and combination of superpowers.
- Embark on heroic or villainous story-driven adventures
- Explore the DC Universe Gotham City, Metropolis, Arkham Asylum, and the Justice League of America Watchtower.